These EASY Pumpkin Muffins are the best pumpkin muffins I've ever had! They are so soft and moist and jazzed up with a milk chocolate swirl and roasted hazelnuts. Talk about DELICIOUS!
I don't know what took me so long to get on the pumpkin muffin bandwagon, but these are so perfect for me. They are everything I want in a muffin, everything I want in my cozy baking, everything I need my house to smell like... These are INCREDIBLE.
The texture is so soft and perfectly moist - not pastey. They have just the right amount of spice and not too sweet at all. I love them just as they are, but chocolate chips might not be a bad idea.
I opted for a milk chocolate swirl and some roasted hazelnuts, and it was a great decision! I rarely choose milk over dark chocolate, but there are instances where it just works better. With pumpkin, milk chocolate marries so nicely. I know you will love this.
HOW TO MAKE EASY PUMPKIN MUFFINS
This recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes. I'm not kidding.
- STEP 1). Combine all wet ingredients in one bowl and whisk to blend evenly.
- STEP 2). Combine dry ingredients all in one bowl and whisk to blend evenly.
- STEP 3). Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and fold it in gently. Do not over-mix.
- STEP 4). Scoop the batter into the muffin cups and spoon a bit of melted milk chocolate on top of each, then swirl itin with a skewer. Top with chopped roasted hazelnuts.
- STEP 5). Bake in a hot oven!
HOW TO STORE EASY PUMPKIN MUFFINS
These easy pumpkin muffins keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. To keep them longer, store them in the fridge. They are so soft that they have a lovely texture even when cold.
They freeze beautifully too! Just place them in a zip-top bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 ¾ cups 250g all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup 65g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup 240ml pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup 110g packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ⅔ cup 160ml milk
- 1 teaspoon 5ml pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ½ oz 100g milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices until evenly blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree with brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Whisk in milk, vanilla and melted butter. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir together gently until just combined. Do not over-mix. A few small lumps are just fine.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling them to the rim. Drizzle or dollop a teaspoon of melted chocolate over each cup of batter and swirl it through with a toothpick or a skewer. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and muffins spring back when pressed gently. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let muffins cool for 5 minutes before transferring individually to the rack to finish cooling.